Kolob Terrace Road

Beautiful AND Fun! Great Balls of Ridin - Bryce, Zion, Cedar Breaks, Torrey, HUGE Summits, Meadows.... UTAH has it all. Cedar Breaks, Panguitch Lake, Bryce Canyon, Zion, cow pastures, sheep pastures, meadows, lots of prairie, thousands of troublesome deer, Elk and whatever else decides to run in front of us again ;). Elements? Another story but UTAH has it all.

Kolob Terrace Road

Sponsor

Sponsor

Kolob Terrace Road

Postby vvmt » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:16 am

Zion's Hidden Treasures IS Kolob Terrace Road. Why a Hidden Treasure? Well, most likely you'd never find it or ride right past it crossing hwy 14 or through the small town of Virgin. Kolob Terrace road is home to many local residents, it weaves in and out of Zion National Park and isn't presented as an area for frequenting tourist. You'll rarely pass a car. No, this doesn't take a rider into the extreme mountains of Zion but it's free and IS a treasure on a bike. Kolob road is about 50 miles long edging along a single lane road, west of i-15 by several miles.

A good 20 miles of Kolob is dirt road on the upper northern side but well maintained except for one gravely corner that I remember.

In the winter snowy months you'll not be able to complete a passage through it and finding paths that can be found in the tire tracks of cars. Although the road is plowed, its not done so completely.

In the nearby town of Springdale and looking for a place to sleep, this was a great place to do so.

A nice route that can be done in two days. Up from Vegas, Kolob, hwy 14, 148, 143 to Panguitch, 89 to Mt Carmel then to Springdale and spend the night. :clap:

Kolob Other Trips

Zion's Hidden Treasures

Newly registered members can download the files free of charge & diseases! (Below)

Enjoy the Ride~
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
VVMT... Just 4 the Ride
www.vegasvalleymotorcycletours.com,
vvmt
Site Admin

Re: Kolob Terrace Road

Postby Kennan » Wed May 31, 2017 6:49 am

This looks like a fund route. I think I'll give it a try. Thanks vvmt.
Kennan

Return to Utah