Wilderness Journey - Details

Beautiful AND Fun! Great Balls of Ridin - Bryce, Zion, Cedar Breaks, Torrey, HUGE Summits, Meadows.... UTAH has it all. Cedar Breaks, Panguitch Lake, Bryce Canyon, Zion, cow pastures, sheep pastures, meadows, lots of prairie, thousands of troublesome deer, Elk and whatever else decides to run in front of us again ;). Elements? Another story but UTAH has it all.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby vvmt » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:26 pm

Wilderness Journey

Wilderness Journey Rd - Details

This year, like others was no exception with our motorcycle ride across the plains of Southern Utah's most beautiful areas. It's about 9 hours...

On one of the busiest weekends and areas of Bryce Canyon we find Ania scratching her head trying to find a place to go

Plenty of space to ride, great highways of Southern Utah's - Great Escape

Looking across the farm lands on the way

This particular setup has not worked for us at all. We've wasted alot of time and great footage trying record some of our trips lately to no avail. In the past we've been able to strap our cams on behind the shield and it worked great. Behind the Busa window however, it's worse than on the mirror. We just don't have the coin to invest in a new video outfit for our trips.

Maybe someday we'll have one of those cool Go-Pro's.

As we approach Escalante staircase we find a greater and great amount of rock formations looking somewhat like this.

We've been climbing for some time now, on this trip we'll cross the tops of a few 10,000 foot summits.

Some nice corners, nice motorcycle roads of Southern Utah

Some Utah Farms - No FarmVille ;)

Teri rode all the way there like this ;)

Right before some of the great roads of Escalante we cross HOG back mountain with drop offs, unguarded with thousand foot drops on either side of the road in turns and otherwise. It had me wondering how many people they pick off the side of some of these cliffs each year.

Capital Reef

We were well aware there wouldn't be a motel to be found on Memorial day weekend, which turned out not to be the best of weekends to go for several reason's, one of which was, not even a campground could be found. Here's what my understanding wife had to say about it all, "That truly was the best trip- never boring with my husband- full of adventure... His Motto: 'Adventure is out there'... no rooms, no reservations for campgrounds- never know where we will sleep... but we always find a nice spot... this camping area had no bathroom, no bush or tree (no place to hide) for a mile- had to wait for the night darkness :P

As in the past around the Grand Canyon, we found a dirt road and made the best of it.

I won't tell you what this tent cost us, which we purchased at a time of a better economy.

Ania's picked out a nice little spot for some Bible reading before dark. These mats are the self-inflating type, we've been using them for a few years now and they really have a nice r-factor from cold ground and pretty comfy.

I have to admit, my bike doesn't look so good when we're traveling like this and we only pack what we need. It always seems to be on the side of having a lot to mess with and takes some doing to get her around the twisties, then there's the wind. One guy in the morning over at a restaurant, say's "I've never seen a Busa packed like that" :)

I call it the flying junk yard.

Driving our tractors only took us 9 hours. It was 418 miles. The longer we road the more my rump was killing me, even with a gel seat with sheep skin. I don't know of a chair in the world I'd like to set in for this amount of time. However, on a bike when you're blazing through corners and crossing the meadows, I seem to forget about the pain, especially when you're hitting unknown corners at 60+ mph. :lol:

This tractor on Farmville will only cost you $5,000 coins :-D

Last BUT not least - The John Deer - If you haven't ridden one of these across a field, you haven't lived.

The beauty of Southern Utah is unsurpassed, as always the motorcycle roads were compelling with mostly predictable corners, smooth roads where you could really hit them hard through the canyons and over the forested summits. Weather on the summits was not freezing, just cold. Since all of our riding was during the day, we only saw deer around a few of the roads in the early morning hours, fortunately they ran into the woods and not across the path of the highway. None-the-less, Utah has wild life that is risky for high speeds, which we were doing at times. In the canyons where speeds post 25, most could be done at 60 :clap:

As far as video goes, another wasted trip as our setup just doesn't work. We thought to be shooting some great footage through the canyons of Teri scrapping her pegs around the corners and wild life on the edge of the road.

As I set writing this can't wait to hit some of the highways of Southern Utah again.

Wilderness Journey

Wilderness Journey Rd - Details

Enjoy~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
VVMT... Just 4 the Ride
www.vegasvalleymotorcycletours.com,
vvmt
Site Admin

Return to Utah