BT-015 Brigestone Life Span Highway Mileage - Review

What comes to mind?
* Tires... Sick Bikes & Last But Least The Highway...
* Motorcycle Camping

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby vvmt » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:22 pm

In one of the other forums I read where people were only getting 6,000 miles with stock tires on the 08 Hayabusa's. I was a bit shocked based on what I've seen with the two Hayabusa's we have. Of course a lot of variables apparently come to play. Something I thought was interesting is my wife's bike who only weighs about a 120lbs has 9,000 miles and we're replacing them vs myself at a weight of around 220 lbs with the same type of riding have exactly 12,000 miles on my front tire. My back tire took a nail so replaced it but looking at both our front tires, I would say that the bikes have equal wear on mine being a little more and her's being a little less because of the difference in mileage. One thing for sure is we both got the same high mileage out of the stockers that come on the Busa. Her back tire is the original with 9,000 miles still has not hit the wear marks but they are close enough.

Our tours are kicking off well this year and will go ahead and replace them for the season.
Bike No. 1 Front Tire

The finger swipe is the replacement mark.

Real close to the mark

Front Tire

Bike No. 2 - 12.000

As you can see the Michelin Pilot standard tires are toasted and only got like 6,000 miles out of it. This is a real cheap Michelin. I caught a nail and had to replace the OEM tire. This is the 2nd tire from Michelin I've purchased that get NO mileage out of it. The new Michelin's we just got are P Road CT's and hope to 16,000 out of them.

Hey, they weren't down to the cords yet :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
VVMT... Just 4 the Ride
www.vegasvalleymotorcycletours.com,
vvmt
Site Admin

Re: BT-015 Brigestone Life Span Highway Mileage - Review

Postby angelanavejas » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:01 pm

Does this tire really works on the rough surface also.
angelanavejas

Return to VVMT Less Amazing